Gun Owners of America supports the establishment of a “Select Subcommittee on the Weaponization of the Federal Government as a select investigative subcommittee of the Committee on the Judiciary” through H. Res 12. GOA will be scoring in favor of H. Res 12.
According to H. Res 12, Section 1(b)(1)(B), investigations will include the relationship between big tech companies –such as Meta, YouTube, and Twitter — and the government to censor Americans. In recent years, Gun Owners of America has been censored for:
- Demonstrating during the 2020 presidential election that then-Vice-Presidential candidate Kamala Harris is opposed to handgun ownership based on her Amicus Curiae to the Supreme Court in opposition to the right to keep a handgun in the home in D.C. v. Heller
- Raising awareness about an illegal national gun registry maintained by the ATF in violation of a federal law, as documented in a 40-page report and as admitted by the ATF in a letter to Congress
- Providing a technical analysis of the Protecting Our Kids Act’s so-called “ghost gun” ban and demonstrating that the definition of manufacturing a ghost gun included re-assembling unserialized gun parts after cleaning a firearm
And under the Biden Administration, gun owners have:
- Uncovered a secret form used by the FBI to pressure Americans into giving up their gun rights
- Proved that the FBI is illegally using the NICS background check database to spy on over 1,000 law abiding gun owners
- Found FBI and DHS documents referring to gun owners and patriots as “Domestic” and “Militia Violent Extremists” based on passionate support for the Bill of Rights, our Founding Era heritage, and opposition to gun control
- Watched as the ATF, FBI, and Secret Service provide special treatment to the Biden Family despite Hunter Biden lying on a federal form to illegally purchase a handgun
- Caught CDC bureaucrats censoring and removing important self-defense studies from its website at the behest of gun control lobbyists
The government should be used to protect people and their rights. GOA hopes that this committee will investigate these abuses against the American people and their Second Amendment rights.