Report “Right to Bear Arms Protection Act” from the Senate State Government Committee
On May 3, 2021, Senator Doug Mastriano (R-33) filed the Right to Bear Arms Protection Act.
This critical piece of legislation would forbid state and local government officials from enforcing ANY, new unconstitutional federal gun control laws/regulations enacted after December 31, 2020.
And reliable sources indicate that the Biden Administration’s ATF will be releasing their unconstitutional regulations against pistol braces and homemade firearms as soon as June of 2022.
Specifically, Senator Mastriano’s bill would:
- Provide for civil penalties for any state or local government official who conspires with federal agents in the enforcement of new federal gun control laws;
- Remove any qualified immunity for public officials engaging in such cooperation;
- Mandate the Attorney General prosecute such collaborators and defend Pennsylvanians in court from prosecution;
- Create a private right of action against officials who try to enforce these laws;
- Freeze state grant funds from local governments that cooperate in such enforcement; and
- Forbid local government from accepting federal bribe money to enforce gun control.
And Pennsylvania isn’t alone. There are 16 states which offer differing levels of 2A sanctuary protection, including our neighboring state of West Virginia.
But SB 624 has been stuck in the Senate State Government Committee since last May. The timing couldn’t be better for committee chair, Senator Dave Argall (R-29), to bring it up for a vote and report it to the Senate floor before the ATF regulations are released.
That’s why I need you to send a message to your state senator (by using the form above) and urge them to report and pass SB 624.